Welcome to ISCE


Fees and FAQ’s

How long is the Card Valid For?

ISCE-ECS-Card-Mock-Up-ImageAn ISCE Sound Engineer ECS Card is valid for 3 Years.

When an ECS card has less than 3 months to run it can be renewed. The holder will need to sit a Health & Safety assessment in order to obtain a new card, unless they have a valid exemption.

ISCE Sound Engineer ECS cards will be withdrawn and therefore struck off the national database upon lapse of ISCE membership. Withdrawn, invalid cards must be returned to the ISCE upon receipt of formal termination of membership, to be destroyed as per the members declaration upon joining.

What if I lose or damage my card?

If an ISCE Sound Engineer ECS card is lost or damaged it can be reissued using our replacement service. A copy of the last card issued will be provided on application and payment of the replacement card fee. The application for a replacement card is available up to three months before the original ECS card is due to expire. If there is less than three months left on the card an application to renew the ECS card will need to be made in the normal way.

How much does an ISCE ECS Card Cost?

Application Fees
Initial Card £40 plus VAT

£30 plus VAT

ECS Health & Safety Assessment
£40 plus VAT

What are the Health & Safety Assessment Exemptions?

The ECS Health and Safety assessment has been designed with the needs of occupational construction site safety in mind but are also designed to provide a basic awareness of Health and Safety in the work environment.

There are a number of exemptions have been approved as meeting the occupational construction site safety requirements of the ECS H&S assessment.

Individuals who hold any of the following certificates (issued within 3 years of an application being received by the JIB) are exempted from taking an ISCE ECS Health & Safety Assessment:

Assessments and Qualifications that allow a three year exemption:

  • Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment (Buildings, Structures & Environment) (QCF)
  • Level 3 SVQ Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment (Buildings, Structures & Environment) (QCF)
  • Level 3 NVQ in Electrotechnical Services (Electrical Installation – Building and Structures)
  • Level 3 SVQ in Electrotechnical Services (Electrical Installation – Building and Structures)
  • SQA/SJIB SVQ Level 3 in Electrical Installation
  • Level 3 Electrotechnical qualification (installation) or (maintenance) – Trailblazer (England)
  • ECITB Health and Safety Passport
  • Construction Skills Register (CSR)
  • CCNSG Safety Passport –  National Course
  • CCNSG Safety Passport –  Supervising / Leading a team Safety Course
  • CCNSG Safety Passport –  Renewal Course
  • Safety Passport Alliance (SPA) Core H & S Course
  • IOSH Working Safely – (Classroom Invigilated Exam ONLY)
  • IOSH Managing Safely in Construction
  • Construction Skills (CITB Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
  • CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
  • CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme Refresher (SMSTS Refresher)
  • ECA Operative & New Entrant H & S Awareness Course
  • IOSH Managing Safely in the Engineering Construction Industry (ECITB Module 4)
  • NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Safety
  • NEBOSH Level 3 General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety
  • NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work Qualification

In addition, the SJIB Electrotechnical Certification Scheme Health and Safety Assessment is recognised by the JIB.

Can I book my ECS H&S Assessment at alternative Testing Centres?

Alternative Health & Safety Assessment Centres
The ECS H&S assessment is available directly from the JIB and several other organisations.

The JIB – To book an assessment through the JIB please call the bookings team on 01322 661 633.

The ECA – To book an assessment please call the ECA Administration team on 01582 531 047.

Unite –  To book an assessment with Unite please visit their website