ISCE Members’ Day – Details Released
Details for the next ISCE Members’ Day have been released. Taking place on 17 March 2020 and kicking off at 2pm the ISCE Members’ Day will be held at Coombe Abbey, in advance of ISCEx 2020 the following day. The Member’s Day is an informative day of talks and demos, with an opportunity to learn about ISCE’s activities and new projects.
The schedule for the Members’ Day looks like this;
- 2.00pm Refreshments and networking
- 2.15pm Shaping Sound – a presentation by guest speaker Dr Gianluca Memoli, Senior Lecturer in Novel Interfaces and Interactions (Informatics) at University of East Sussex. Attendess will enjoy a demonstration of how a sound projector beams audio to a moving person
- 3.15pm Phil Price FInstSCE – outlining the ISCEx schedule
- 3.20pm President’s Address and AGM
- 3.55pm Chris Nicolaides MInstSCE – explaining the myisce.org.uk profile app
- 4.15pm Roland Hemming MInstSCE, Chair of BS 7827 committee – an open discussion on BS 7827:2019 – Designing, specifying, maintaining and operating emergency sound systems for sports grounds, large public buildings, and venues.
- Code of Practice – An opportunity for members to explain their concerns about the change of scope
- For BS 7827 committee to explain the reasoning behind the wider scope
- To see if there can be an acceptable agreement in a future revision
- 5.00pm Presentations close
- 7.00pm Pre-dinner drinks
- 8.00pm Networking dinner (please pre-book here)
If you would like to attend the ISCE Members’ Day it is open to non-members and members and you can register to attend here.