Job Vacancy: Audio Technician
Radio Maria England affiliated with the World Family of Radio Maria (WFRM)
The post holder will ensure that adequate audio technical infrastructure is set up and maintained in the Radio Maria England studio in Cambridge, to ensure the radio station stays on-air at all times (24/7). The Audio Technician will work alongside the technical supervisor under the management of the Operations Manager and will liaise with volunteers of Radio Maria England as appropriate.
Radio Maria England’s primary objectives are to advance the Roman Catholic faith and mission for the benefit of the public through the production and broadcast of religious radio programmes and through other forms of media and publication. The vision is to use the radio to promote the evangelical message of Joy and Hope, and to console the sick and the poor, according to the teaching of the magisterium of the Catholic Church, with a clear and rich Marian spirituality.
Radio Maria England is affiliated with the World Family of Radio Maria, Erba, Italy.
- Maintain and support the studio hardware, software and configuration settings in collaboration with external and third party experts.
- Maintain and support audio-frequency and radio-frequency equipment in the studio and remotely.
- Ensure that all recordings are done to a high standard and maintain excellent sound quality for all material broadcast by Radio Maria England.
- Edit recordings and work in post-production.
- Maintain audio streaming.
- Create and back-up audio archives.
- Work with the Operations Manager and other representatives of Radio Maria to ensure that the Radio Maria England studio in Cambridge is adequately equipped with the appropriate technical infrastructure.
- Work with the Operations Manager for event planning, training, working schedule and planning of work.
- Work with the Priest Director on all aspects of content and editorial questions.
- Oversee technical infrastructure to make sure the radio station can stay on the air at all times.
- Oversee the proper use and maintenance of equipment in an efficient audio studio (Hybrid, Codec, Broadcast Mixing Console).
- Provide technical support on-site and remotely.
- Work with volunteers, providing guidance and oversight, as appropriate to the above tasks.
- Work collaboratively with the Operations Manager who will oversee all activity in the Radio Maria England studio, performing ancillary job functions as needed to support the day-today operations of the department.
There is a genuine occupational requirement for the role holder to be a practising Catholic.
Further details are available on request
What's in it for you:
Our benefit package includes:
- £30,000 salary per annum
- An initial one-year fixed term contract with three month probationary period
- Stakeholder pension
- 24 annual leave days , plus the bank holidays (pro rata for part-time and fixed-term employees
- Birthday day off
- Free fruits and veg
- Free instant tea and coffee
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Comprehensive initial and ongoing training.
If this sounds like an ideal role, please apply with a CV and covering letter, stating why your skills and experience make you ideal for this position
All offers of employment are conditional upon you signing the contract of employment and the following being secured:
- Two satisfactory references;
- Proof of attainment of qualifications;
- Evidence of your right to work in the United Kingdom; and
- If applicable, satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
- Closing date for applications: 15th May 2020
Radio Maria England reserves the right to close the role prior to this closing date should a suitable applicant be found.
Radio Maria England will be in touch if you are short-listed. If you do not hear from us please assume that you have not been short-listed.
Thank you for your interest.
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org