Job Vacancy: Electronics Assistant
Company: SSE Audio Group
SSE Audio Group, which in addition to SSE Hire comprises rental companies Wigwam Acoustics and Capital Sound, forms the largest audio hire, sales and installations group in the UK. The Electronics department in Redditch serve the whole Group.
Reporting to: Electronics Supervisor
The purpose of this role is to work in the electronics department, providing invaluable support to ensure that the operation delivers exceptional service to its customers, ensuring output meets the requirements of the business. The role requires the incumbent to work flexibly, in a developing environment. In addition, the role may be required to assist, or cover for, other roles within the operation for which full training / support will be given.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
Function of role
- Effectively manage own workloads to ensure all activities are managed to conclusion with anything outstanding is identified and reported along correct channels.
- Fabrication and assembly of audio electronic components such as connectors, cables and other electronic products.
- Maintenance, testing and repair of items passing through electronics, including the above, following implemented procedures.
- Participation in the process of site preparation and installation, with the ongoing service and maintenance of installations.
- Responsible for safe working practices within the department, including the correct operation of tools and equipment
- Monitoring of stock levels and informing management if they fall below operational levels.
- Ensure Electronics Area is maintained in a clean, organised and tidy condition.
- Identify improvements to performance and processes through Continuous Improvement and working with managers.
Customer and Relationship Management
- Adhere to SSE service standards.
- Handle all communication in accordance with SSE core standards of behavior.
- Liaise with 3rd Parties to provide support or handle queries
- Identify ways to improve cost effectiveness and where appropriate, generate income.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of electronics and working within a similar role would be advantageous
- Competent in the use of tools related to the job, such as soldering irons
- Keen interest in audio electronics
- Willingness and ability to learn quickly
- Competent with the use of computers and ability to use databases.
- Initiative and the ability to work unsupervised, whilst recognising when to ask questions.
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to multitask and remain calm under pressure – the role is pivotal to the smooth running of the office and dealing with customers.
Work Permit Requirement
- Right to work and remain in the UK
ISCE membership an advantage
Apply in writing including your CV to:
SSE Audio Group
Unit 101 Phoenix Park Industrial Estate