Job Vacancy: Firmware Engineer
Company: Vox Ignis Ltd
Vox Ignis specialise in the design and manufacture of specialist audio products for the fire and disabilities markets.
All the designs use the latest technologies, high quality finishes and fully comply with the standards requirements that cover their application.
Reporting to: Software Director
Please note this position is only open to UK and EU graduates.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
The role will involve the development of firmware on our custom embedded platforms.
- Development of defined software and firmware modules
- Planning, improvement and management of software applications from inception to delivery and use
- Preparation and creation of instructional technical manuscripts for firmware modules
- Testing and refining software/firmware modules
- Liaising with customers to understand the needs of the application/platform
Essential and Desirable Criteria:
- Degree in relevant Computing subject area
- Knowledge of a structured language – Pascal, C# or Python
- Knowledge of ucLinux with compiling ucLinux Kernel and application development
- Previous experience of Visual Studio, especially Visual Basic
- Membership of ISCE is an advantage
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
Dependent upon experience
Applications to be received by 24 November 2019 and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org