Job Vacancy: Installation and Service Engineer
Company: SSE Audio Group
SSE Audio Group, which in addition to SSE Hire comprises rental companies Wigwam Acoustics and Capital Sound, forms the largest audio hire, sales and installations group in the UK. The Electronics department in Redditch serve the whole Group.
Reporting to: General Manager – London
Direct Reports to: Sound & Service Engineer
The Installations and Service Engineer is responsible for the installation of a wide range of audio equipment on client sites and the service of existing installed equipment. The role requires the incumbent to work flexibly, in a developing, challenging and stimulating environment. In addition, the role may be required to assist, or cover for, other roles within the operation for which full training / support will be given.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
Function of the role
- Reviewing the equipment installation requirements with the Project Manager, carrying out installations to the specifications and SSE’s quality standards.
- Liaising with customers to ensure needs are met in a timely fashion, whilst ensuring end users of systems and equipment are correctly trained.
- Responsible for the diagnosis and repair of systems and equipment, both on and off site.
- Accountable for ongoing service and maintenance of installations, ensuring detailed and accurate service records are maintained.
- Responsible for safe working practices within the department, including the correct operation of tools and equipment
Customer and Relationship Management
- To communicate (both written and verbal) with all areas of the business and outside sources in a clear and effective manner.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team and develop positive working relationships with both SSE and 3rd party staff at various levels.
- Adhere to SSE service standards.
- Handle all communication in accordance with SSE core standards of behavior.
- Liaise with 3 rd Parties to provide support or handle queries
- Identify ways to improve cost effectiveness and where appropriate, generate income.
Skills and Experience:
- Technical experience of professional audio equipment / audio systems (including setting up, installing, operating and servicing), particularly Soundweb & DME (Q-Sys would also be beneficial)
- Knowledge of lighting or video would be beneficial
- Aptitude for working with electronics
- Good communication skills and customer service skills including telephone manner.
- Willingness and ability to learn quickly
- Competent with the use of computers and ability to use databases.
- Initiative and the ability to work unsupervised, whilst recognising when to ask questions.
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to multitask and remain calm under pressure – the role is pivotal to the smooth running of the office and dealing with customers.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) or equivalent working experience
- Full UK driving license is essential for this role.
- Membership of ISCE an advantage.
Work Permit Requirement
- Right to work and remain in the UK
Your salary and package will be dependent on experience.
You will have every opportunity to develop your career and progress with SSE Audio Group.
Apply in writing including your CV to:
SSE Audio Group
Unit 101 Phoenix Park Industrial Estate
alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org