Job Vacancy: Installations Project Manager
Company: SSE Audio Group
SSE Audio Group, which in addition to SSE Hire comprises rental companies Wigwam Acoustics and Capital Sound, forms the largest audio hire, sales and installations group in the UK.
Reporting to: General Manager
SSE Audio Group has a vacancy for a full time Installation Project Manager at its London Offices in Park Royal. The role involves managing all equipment installations projects carried out through our London (Park Royal) premises to ensure projects are carried out effectively, to an agreed specification, on budget, in a timely manner and to the satisfaction of the client.
SSE Audio Group is a successful installer of a wide range of professional audio and AV products from key manufacturers. The installations function has close ties to the sales function and runs alongside a rental operation and a manufacturing business.
The successful candidate will coordinate with the sales team, the installation team, other SSE departments (such as fabrications) and external parties including site managers, contractors, consultants, suppliers and the client. They will work as part of team to ensure that exceptional service is provided to SSE’s installation clients.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
Function of role – GENERAL
The Installations Project Manager is responsible for:
- Discussing equipment installation requirements with the sales manager or sales executive (who has secured the contract) and the client, conducting site visits, developing system designs through consultation and liaison with the installations team and other staff
- Project management of installations from start to completion and handover. This includes responding to installation requests promptly, verifying all engineering for installation designs and scheduling labour.
- Managing or overseeing the production of engineering plans and schematics for installation projects.
- Quality Control, ensuring QC procedures are written and maintained and all appropriate documentation is collated and submitted at completion of the project
- Producing and carrying out risk assessments related to the project, ensuring all works are carried out safely and in accordance with relevant health and safety legislation
- Managing and monitoring stock levels to ensure that ancillary installation equipment such as cables, fixings, connectors and ‘consumables’ are maintained at sufficient levels; that any necessary parts or equipment are readily available; and that delivery of new sales stock or ex-hire stock assigned to a project is delivered to site on time.
- Monitoring and addressing any training requirements for Staff as part of a rolling programme of training
liaising regularly with the General Manager (London) and the Installations Director regarding ongoing projects or any day-to-day activities that require their attention
- Maintaining good communications with other departments that are involved with or affected by project activity ensuring internal resources are requested and scheduled in a timely fashion
- Monitoring deliveries of new sales stock or ex-hire stock to ensure timely delivery of these items to each project
- Liaising directly with clients regarding project engineering, adherence to programme and the management of change orders
- Determining appropriate training for Venue (client) staff in association with the sales and installations teams and implement post project completion processes
- Familiarising yourself with developments in digital technology and related installations technology and how that can be applied to our projects to enhance our offerings or develop new business
- Identifying possible improvements to processes and the performance of the team and working with managers and directors to implement improvements on a continuing basis
Customer and Relationship Management:
- Liaise effectively and professionally with third parties and customers to provide a high standard of support and customer service and adhere to SSE service standards
- Assist the sales team to build and manage customer relationships, passing on leads and market intelligence
- Communicate (both written and verbal) with all areas of the business and outside sources in a clear and effective manner and in accordance with SSE core standards
- Work as a member of the team, developing positive working relationships with other SSE colleagues and departments and external contacts
- Lead, motivate and manage the installations team to ensure that projects are completed on time and on budget
- Follow a documented process of evaluating performance on an ongoing basis
- Elect, train, coach and develop team members according to the agreed resourcing plan
- Ensure adequate staffing levels are maintained and that work is prioritised to deliver agreed targets and customer satisfaction
- Manage installation projects to ensure that satisfactory profit margins are achieved
- Use and manage internal resources where possible to keep costs down
- Identify ways that the company can improve cost effectiveness, competitiveness and profitability and implement improvements where appropriate
- Ensure that business risks are continually reviewed and monitored, keeping the risk of financial losses to the business at a minimal level
Skills and Experience:
- A strong track record and extensive experience of working in project management in the equipment installations field, with a good knowledge of pro-audio, lighting and AV equipment and associated markets
- Knowledge and experience of equipment installations design, and a familiarity with
- programming of digital processors, such as BSS Soundweb and Yamaha DME
- networking systems and remote access
- the latest developments in system control and screen technology
- A proven track record in the management of personnel
- Excellent customer-handling skills, including the ability to establish rapport and promote the ethos of the business to customers
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with people of all professional levels
- Knowledge of the legislative framework affecting site installations, including health and safety management
- A high level of self-motivation together with initiative to work and manage unsupervised.
- Willingness and ability to learn quickly in a changing environment
- Effective administration skills, together with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential. The ability to use database and project management software and knowledge of Apple Macs is an advantage
- Flexibility and adaptability, capable of multitasking, while remaining calm under pressure.
- Educated to industry related degree level or equivalent is desirable
- Audio industry experience is advantageous
- Full, Clean UK Driving Licence
- ISCE membership an advantage
Work Permit Requirement
- Right to work and remain in the UK
Your salary and package will be dependent on experience. You will have every opportunity to develop your career and progress with SSE Audio Group.
Apply in writing including your CV to:
SSE Audio Group
Unit 101 Phoenix Park Industrial Estate