Job Vacancy: IT Support Technician
Company: SSE Audio Group
SSE Audio Group, which in addition to SSE Hire comprises rental companies Wigwam Acoustics and Capital Sound, forms the largest audio hire, sales and installations group in the UK. The Electronics department in Redditch serve the whole Group.
Reporting to: Technical Manager
SSE Audio Group has a vacancy for a full time IT Support Technician at its Headquarters in Redditch. The role involves assisting the Technical Manager with all aspects of IT functionality, maintaining the Company’s mixed IT network of Macintosh and Microsoft workstations, servers (both physical and virtual) and security systems. An excellent knowledge of Apple Mac and Windows in a networked business environment, demonstrated by previous experience in such a role, as well as an excellent knowledge of Office 365 is essential.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide first line support to Apple Mac and PC users.
- Monitoring of Antivirus, Network health and backups.
- Responsible for investigating and diagnosing network, hardware and software problems; collecting IT usage stats, making recommendations for improving the company’s IT systems and carrying out routine configuration, development and installation of IT solutions, if necessary, liaising with third party support and PC equipment vendors.
- Work closely with the Technical manager and third-party support to build a good understanding of requirements, bring forward strong ideas in managing the administration of internal network and tools.
- Support internal operations, providing first, second and possibly third line IT support for all end-users and maintaining user accounts. Writing, producing and delivering training on new software. Configuring new user computers and mobile telephones.
- Maintain printers and printer hardware
- Deal as necessary with operational issues. Research various technical concepts for future application integration.
- Maintain back-ups and off-site storage
- License tracking, asset tracking, PAT testing of IT equipment, managing an inventory of IT assets including purchasing of new hardware and software.
- Identify improvements to performance and processes through Continuous Improvement and working with managers.
Skills and Experience:
Essential to have a good understanding of:
- Macintosh OS X 10.6 – 10.12
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2012
- Microsoft Hyper V 2008, 2012
- Microsoft Exchange 2013
- Office 365
- Citrix Xenapp 6.5, 7
- Windows 7, 10
- Microsoft Office 2013 to 2016
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 to 2016
Advantageous, but not essential to have knowledge of:
- Sage Accounts 2018
- Filemaker Pro 14, 15
- Filemaker Server 14, 15
- Any ERP/ CRM, Application Development, MCSE, MCTS, and MCITP/CCNA accreditation would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Strong problem solving and analytical ability
- Strong communication skills
- A friendly and willing personality to provide a high level of service to all users within the company.
- Good knowledge of Macintosh, including user migration, upgrades, system tuning repairs.
- Hands on experience of installing IT hardware and software
- Good organisational skills
- Good time management
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to multitask and remain calm under pressure – the role is pivotal to the smooth running of the office and dealing with customers
- Educated to at least degree level or equivalent
- Audio industry experience is advantageous
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Full, Clean UK Driving Licence
- ISCE membership an advantage
Work Permit Requirement
- Right to work and remain in the UK
Your salary and package will be dependent on experience. You will have every opportunity to develop your career and progress with SSE Audio Group.
Apply in writing including your CV to:
SSE Audio Group
Unit 101 Phoenix Park Industrial Estate