Job Vacancy: Preparation Technician
Company: SSE Audio Group
SSE Audio Group, which in addition to SSE Hire comprises rental companies Wigwam Acoustics and Capital Sound, forms the largest audio hire, sales and installations group in the UK.
Reporting to: Warehouse Manager
The Audio Preparation Assistant works in the warehouse, assisting with the preparation and dispatch of hire equipment. The role will provide invaluable support to ensure that the operation delivers exceptional service to its customers. Ensuring prompt preparation of equipment hire packages prior to dispatch and timely checking-in and storage of returning equipment.
The role requires flexible working practices, in a developing environment and may be required to assist, or cover for, other roles within the operation for which full training / support will be given.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
Function of role – General
- The preparation, assembly and de-preparation of Speakers and associated cable systems, signal patching systems and Mains distribution systems.
- Assistance in specialised departments including desk prep, amp prep and RF may be required.
- Assisting the loading and tipping of courier / transport vehicles.
- Ensuring equipment is delivered within timelines and with appropriate packaging and documentation.
- Immediately reporting to managers any anomalies, lost, stolen or damaged equipment.
- Ensuring Hire Preparation Area is maintained in a clean, organised and tidy condition.
- Identifying and developing improvements to performance and processes through Continuous Improvement and working with managers, including.
Customer and Relationship Management
- Liaise effectively and professionally with third parties and customers to provide a high standard of support and customer service and adhere to SSE service standards
- Communicate (both written and verbal) with all areas of the business and outside sources in a clear and effective manner and in accordance with SSE core standards
- Work as a member of the team, developing positive working relationships with other SSE colleagues, departments and external contacts where necessary.
Skills & Experience:
- Good administration skills
- Willingness and ability to learn quickly
- Competent with the use of computers and ability to use databases.
- Initiative and the ability to work unsupervised, whilst recognising when to ask questions.
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to multitask and remain calm under pressure – the role is fast paced, with several jobs loading / unloading simultaneously.
- Experience of working within a similar role or within a similar industry would be preferable but not essential
- Knowledge and experience of the preparation and operation of audio equipment would be advantageous.
- Educated to industry related degree level or equivalent is desirable
- Audio industry experience is advantageous
- ISCE membership an advantage
Work Permit Requirement
- Right to work and remain in the UK
Your salary and package will be dependent on experience. You will have every opportunity to develop your career and progress with SSE Audio Group
Apply in writing including your CV to:
SSE Audio Group
Unit 101 Phoenix Park Industrial Estate