Job Vacancy: Senior Voice Alarm System Design / Project Engineer
Company: Baldwin Boxall
Baldwin Boxall is a voice evacuation and emergency voice communication system manufacturer based in Crowborough, East Sussex. The successful candidate will work as a Senior Voice Alarm system design / project engineer within our Sales Office under the supervision of the Sales Office Manager and the Sales & Marketing Director. He/she will be required to work with our customers and internal staff to design voice alarm and emergency voice communication systems to ensure projects are delivered to meet customer’s requirements.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Liaise with Sales Admin to ensure the correct equipment has been quoted for each project.
- Ensure the equipment required meets the specification provided by our customer or consultant.
- Design the rack layout/s using Stardraw or CAD drawing package.
- Design wiring schematics with Stardraw or CAD to allow for rack cabling.
- Liaise with our customer’s project managers to ensure the smooth running of the project.
- Liaise with our specials department manager to ensure the rack build process meets our customer’s deadlines.
- Arrange factory acceptance tests with our customer and sit in on these to enable project sign off.
- Liaise with our internal engineering team to make arrangements for any on site commissioning or any technical visits.
- Attend onsite project meetings when required.
Additional Duties (as required):
- Provide compliance statements where requested.
- Provide advice and guidance on customer’s product selection.
- Provide technical assistance to customers.
- Value engineer systems if required by our customers.
- Provide updated information on existing projects/orders to customers.
- Liaise with other departments in order to provide accurate details for the project.
- To take part in sales meetings.
- Offering assistance wherever possible to colleagues.
- Work with the other departments to provide accurate business information.
- Any other duties as required.
- Excellent understanding of Baldwin Boxall voice alarm and EVC products. (although full training will be given)
- Stardraw and CAD software knowledge.
- BS5839 and EN54 knowledge.
- Understanding of fire detection systems.
- Audio knowledge.
- An interest in electronics.
- Loudspeaker understanding.
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner.
- Attention to detail.
- To work to deadlines and have the ability to work under pressure.
- Numeracy skills.
- Computer Literate (Excel and Word).
Work and contribute as part of the sales team, but also be self-motivated and to be available for any other tasks deemed appropriate by colleagues.
- Relevant engineering qualifications or experience
- Hours: 35 per week (Mon – Fri 9am – 5pm 7 hours per day)
- Salary: £30 to 37k depending on experience
- Holiday: 20 days
- Company Pension scheme
- Private Healthcare Scheme
To apply please email your CV to Tracy Skinner, HR Manager, email@example.com
Closing Date is Friday 16th November 2018