Job Vacancy: Voice Alarm and Loudspeaker Design Engineer
Company: Baldwin Boxall Communications Ltd
Job title: Voice Alarm and Loudspeaker Design Engineer
Location: Crowborough, East Sussex
Position Type: Full Time
Baldwin Boxall is a voice evacuation and emergency voice communication system manufacturer based in Crowborough, East Sussex. We are looking to recruit a voice alarm and loudspeaker design engineer to undertake the design of voice alarm systems and carry out loudspeaker placement designs. Provide Baldwin Boxall’s customer base with detailed quotations, system drawings and loudspeaker designs to meet tender requirements. The hours are 35 per wk. (Mon – Fri), salary is £30,000.00 per annum, with 20 days’ holiday, pension scheme and private health insurance.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Review tender documentation which would include consultant specifications, drawings and bill of quantities
- Create detailed and accurate compliance statements
- Design voice alarm, public address and or emergency voice communication systems to meet tender requirements
- Carry out loudspeaker design placements from documents/drawings provided to ensure correct speech intelligibility is met
- Create loudspeaker placement drawings showing where correct loudspeakers should be mounted within the building
- Carry out EASE (or similar) loudspeaker designs for acoustic performance
- Provide customer base with accurate quotations that meet the requirements of the tender and make any required amendments as requested by the customer
- Provide support to the sales team / company where required
- Carry out battery calculations to ensure our equipment meets the required standby requirements
- Attend site meeting as required
- Any other duties as required
- A broad knowledge of Voice Evacuation and EVC market
- A working knowledge of standards to include BS5839 and EN54
- An understanding of acoustics and loudspeakers
- Good knowledge of 100-volt line loudspeakers
- Carried out detailed system designs
- Created CAD (or similar) drawings
Key skills and attributes
- Accuracy, consistency & attention to detail.
- Problem solving skills.
- Proactive attitude to work.
- Ability to prioritise own workload.
- Strong communication and IT skills.
- Excellent technical and commercial knowledge.
- Strong understanding of the company’s markets and have the ability to understand our customer’s requirements.
- Aptitude to work as part of a team and communicate with other internal departments
- Capability to deal with change and help other departments as and when required.
If you are interested, please send your C.V. to Tracy Skinner HR Manager [email protected]. Closing date is: 12/01/18.