Training: Design & Installation of Hearing Loop Systems
Learn the best way to design and install correctly working hearing loop systems (HLS), ensuring compliance with appropriate Standards and Regulatory requirements (including the NEW EDITION of BS 7594, Disability Discrimination Act, IEC/EN 60118-4)
YOU WILL LEARN…
- Types and applications of different loop – from simple desk to large multiple array
- Special applications, designing low overspill loops, VA applications, etc
- How to calculate and achieve IEC/EN60118–4 field strength
- Cable types and correct size calculations
- Ideal loop height and effect of height variation on power requirements
- Interference effects of building metalwork and background and magnetic noise
- Importance of input signals, including types and positioning of microphones, preferred frequency range, connection of TV/AV/computer signals, connection to main site PA
- Potential input connection problems and how to avoid them – signal levels, balanced and unbalanced connections, avoiding earth loops
- Outline of HLS testing, commissioning, maintenance and documentation.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Everyone involved in specifying, designing or installing hearing loop systems – including engineers, system designers, estimators, consultants, and local authorities.
This training event will be held at:
Contacta Systems Ltd